Toasty Tropical Granola Recipe
Author: Minute Maid
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup Minute Maid Chilled Mango Juice Beverage
- ⅓ cup liquid honey
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups large-flake rolled oats
- 1½ cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1½ cups dried banana chips
- 1 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- ½ cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup chopped dried apricot
- ½ cup chopped dried mango
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- In saucepan over high heat, bring juice beverage to boil and boil until reduced by half. Let cool slightly. Stir in honey, maple syrup and oil. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together oats, coconut, banana, pineapple, almonds, macadamia nuts, apricot, mango, pumpkin seeds, ginger and salt.
- Pour juice mixture over top; toss to coat.
- Spread evenly on 2 greased or parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake in 325⁰F (160⁰C) oven for 30 minutes, rotating pans and stirring once, or until granola is golden. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)
Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks. PER ¼ CUP: about 156 cal, 3 g pro, 9 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 19 g carb (3 g dietary fibre, 10 g sugar), 0 mg chol, 33 mg sodium, 167 mg potassium. % RDI: 2% calcium, 8% iron, 1% vit A, 12% vit C, 2% folate.