Being the last day of school for my kiddos, I have camping season on my mind. Camping is something we do as a family every summer; adventure hikes, star gazing and campfire s’mores are only a few things we love. With some over-ripe bananas staring me in the face, I decided to combine two of our favourite campfire treats into ooey gooey goodness, Banana S’more Cookies.
What are your favourite campfire treats?
- ½ cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup of mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground mace or nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup small marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg and continue to beat until the mixture is fluffy.
- Mix mashed bananas and baking soda in a small bowl and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Mix banana mixture into the butter mixture. Mix flour, salt, and spices into the butter and banana mixture and stir until combined, avoid over-stirring.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Drop onto baking sheet approximately 1 teaspoon of cookie batter about 2″ apart.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until nice golden brown. When cookies are just about done, pull from the oven and place about 4 small marshmallows on top of each cookie, broil in the oven until marshmallows are browned on top.
- Let cool on wire racks.