This is the week for zucchini recipes. As I mentioned in my Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe, our garden is full and we’re finding ways to enjoy our supply. What I love about these recipes is that you can make them, store them in the freezer and whip them out when company drops by for coffee.
What are your favourite drop-in recipes?
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- Beat oil, vanilla and sugar adding 1 egg at a time with hand or stand mixer.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into 2 greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hr and 25 mins, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.