Today we reached the temperature of 29 degrees Celsius by mid-morning. It’s going to be a scorcher and I am not complaining. Days like these there is only one type of food I like to cook and that is barbecue. Barbecue is a cuisine all it’s own in my world; there is something about biting into a big juicy barbecue burger with a cold one to sip on that screams summer has arrived.
Nothing but homemade will do when it comes to hamburgers; they are easy to make, full of flavour and juice. I think I drooled a little right there. Ahem.
Yesterday I combined two of my favourite flavours into my hamburger recipe, Jalapeño’s and goat cheese, for a spicy sweet combination of perfection. I know, I know; I use Jalapeño’s often and I rave about goat cheese but you have to try it. Seriously, try it.
- 2 lbs of lean hamburger
- 1 Jalapeño, diced
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp onion, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- Mix by had all but the goat cheese ingredients until mixed through.
- Crumble 1 package of goat cheese in large chunks and mix into hamburger mix gently but throughout.
- Shape into hamburger sized patties onto wax paper. Make the patties slightly larger than you bun size because they will shrink a bit while cooking.
- Cook approximately 10-12 minutes on low to medium heat in your barbecue, flipping midway. Each barebecue is different so keep a close eye to avoid burning. Brush on your favourite barbecue sauce, if preferred.
- Top with your favourite burger ingredients. I topped with a little extra goat cheese, for added flavour.
For more tasty barbecue recipes try these fellow #FridayRecipeClub bloggers’ burger recipes:
Paleo Chicken Burger by Sober Julie
Taco Salad from My Organized Chaos
Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers from Family, Food & Travel
Cheeseburger Pizza from Simply Stacie
What are your favourite barbecue recipes?