It’s the middle of summer and I’m cooking casseroles. Have I mentioned how much I love casseroles? They are an easy, make ahead/pop in the oven kind of meal and that is important come back to school time. The other day I Hubs and I were rolling up cabbage rolls, a recipe we often have on holidays but on days with cravings, we opt for this Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole.
Maybe it’s that Hubs and I love to heat up the house in the hot summer months or maybe it’s just one of those times you need a little comfort food no matter the season this is a family favourite. The back to school rush is only a month away and I for one do not want to wait until the chaos of the first week of school to begin before I plan out my weekday meals. Using only a few ingredients, this recipe is super easy and with the addition of Burnbrae Farms Gourmet Nanny Hudson’s Homestyle Ketchup, a blend of flavours the adults can appreciate.
What are your favourite ways to enjoy a gourmet ketchup, in a recipe or as a condiment?
Gourmet Nanny Hudson’s Homestyle Ketchup
Nanny Hudson’s Homestyle Ketchup has been a well-loved condiment at the kitchen table of generations of our family. The fresh tangy taste of our Homestyle Ketchup is so versatile, it can be used as an ingredient in recipes to enhance the taste of meat dishes like meatloaf or as a condiment for those well-loved comfort foods like eggs, grilled cheese, stews and casseroles.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 jar of Nanny Hudson Gourmet Ketchup
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- ½ tsp garlic
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix thawed hamburger and eggs.
- Add in cabbage, sauerkraut, water, spices and half of 1 jar of ketchup; mix well.
- Press mixture into a lightly greased 2.8 L casserole dish, spread the remaining ketchup over the top of the casserole evenly.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook for 1.5 hours. Serve warm.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Burnbrae Farms Gourmet Nanny Hudson’s Homestyle Ketchup. All opinions are 100% my own.