What You Need
- Dried corn husks/leaves from the plant and other dried weeds or flowers in colour variety
- Metal hanger
- Wire ribbon in fall colours
- Once you have the dried materials, arrange them into a bunch that is appealing to the eye. Tie the bunch at the stems tightly with a piece of ribbon or string, which will be the top of your wreath. The dark dried plant in the swag is actually a weed but it was a perfect colour addition.
- Tie a large amount of ribbon in your choice of colour into a large bow at the top of the swag, over top of where you securely tied the stems. Arrange the bow loops until you have them just right presentation-wise. I chose burgundy and gold ribbons to accent the colours of the swag that I had lying around.
- Leaving the hanger hook, bend the rest of the hanger behind the swag to hide it. Hook the hanger hook through the tied ribbon at the back and hang where you want to have a beautiful fall arrangement.
Where to Find Materials
If you don’t have corn stalks around and can’t find them at a neighbours or local farmer, try looking around your backyard or along a walking path for plants that, when dried, would look beautiful in fall decor. If you don’t have metal hangers like me, I asked my mother-in-law for one. The only cost to you will be purchasing the ribbon, if you don’t already have it in your craft stock.
What fall decor ideas have you made or are planning to make?