My first job was as a Bonanza Restaurant drink girl, other than a newspaper route and babysitting. I spent many times after shift enjoying the salad bar and my favourite Chicken Monterey. I remember my job interview, I was so nervous but I landed the job. Since then I don’t go to Bonanza often but I crave my favourite chicken recipe and when I do I make my version of Copycat Bonanza Chicken Monterey.
This recipe is not directly from Bonanza but having eaten enough Chicken Monterey to know, I have taste tested this recipe and it’s pretty darn close.
Here are some other delicious chicken recipes to try:
- Chicken and Bean Bake
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- Crockpot Lime Chicken Chili
- Parmesan Chicken Bites
- Ginger-Lime Grilled Chicken
- Ground Chicken Lentil Soup
- 6 chicken breasts
- 8 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Catalina Salad Dressing
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside a small amount for basting while grilling.
- Cover thawed chicken with marinade in a sealed container.
- Place in fridge overnight to marinade.
- Grill marinaded chicken until thoroughly cooked, brushing with marinade you set aside right before taking off the grill. The chicken will have a slight pink colour from the marinade.
- Serve hot.