With the holidays coming we tend to focus a lot on high calorie foods but they don’t have to be. I have to agree there is something about food jammed full of yummy goodness that goes hand and hand with Christmas but for those who have to watch their intake, this Raspberry Pomegranate Salad is a delicious and visually festive alternative.
I prefer to offer lighter options on my holiday table for my guests so they leave feeling full and satisfied rather than full and ill. Holidays aside, this is a salad I make quite often; it’s packed full of a sweet and tangy flavour with the health benefits. My husbands favourite salad dressing is creamy poppyseed and because we are beekeepers, I am sharing my honey version of the dressing. Honey isn’t just a tasty sugar substitution, it has multiple health benefits as well.
If you like this recipe, let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more honey recipes, try these:
- Honey Dijon Beet and Egg Salad
- Honey Blueberry Muffins
- Homemade Granola with Raw Honey
- Cherry & Honey Bundt Cake
- Honey-Lavender Blackberry and Feta Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Strawberry Apple Cinnamon Fruit Leather
- 4 cups of spring mix salad
- 1 small white onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- ½ cups whole pecans
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp raspberry cider vinegar (or regular cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 2 tsp of poppyseeds
- Wash and cut salad into a bite-sized pieces and place into a large salad bowl.
- In a shaker container for the dressing, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, honey and poppyseeds; shake well.
- Place onions, raspberries, and pecans into the salad and right before serving pour a generous amount of dressing over the salad and toss lightly with salad tongs.