Soon we will be planning our garden here on the farm where fresh vegetables will be plentiful. I love having root vegetables ready to pull from the garden, added with a few other ingredients to make a delicious side dish, like this Honey Roasted Root Vegetables recipe with Butternut Squash.
One of my main ingredients is honey. Not only do I love honey because it tastes delicious, it also has numerous health benefits. When you cook with honey, you can replace unnatural sugars and create some wonderful flavours. This blended of garlic, honey and balsamic, create a unique compliment to roasted vegetables.
This recipe has become one of our go-to recipes because it compliments several meat entrées with a burst of flavour and colour. Bon Appétit!
If you like this recipe, let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook,Twitter and Instagram.
- 2 cups butternut squash, large cubes
- 1 cup red onion, largely sliced
- 1 cup turnip, large cubes
- 1 cup parsnips, largely sliced
- 1 cup carrots, largely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix olive oil, honey, vinegar and garlic.
- In a large bowl place all vegetables, pour honey mixture over the vegetables and toss until evenly coated.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spread out the coated vegetables. Sprinkle garlic over the top and place in the oven to cook for 45 minutes, flipping with a spatula about halfway through.
- minutes before the vegetables are done, sprinkle with walnuts and stir. Bake for remaining 10 minutes or until vegetables are browned and easy to prick with a fork.