I don’t know about you but the words holidays and easy appetizers just seem to go together. Don’t get me wrong, there is a place for elaborate appetizers but when you have unexpected company, it’s nice to have a few easy bacon appetizers to pop in the oven and these bacon wrapped Cherries, Olives and Water Chestnuts do not disappoint.
Savour the Flavour
Have you ever popped a crispy bacon wrapped cherry of deliciousness in your mouth and tasted the mixture of candy and bacon. Let me tell you, this flavour makes you want to savour the taste for awhile. The bacon wrapped cherries happen to be my favourite so I may be a but partial but the olives and water chestnuts are just as good.
I may have eaten these for breakfast the other day and I won’t apologize.
Bacon Appetizers: Start with the Bacon
This isn’t much of a “recipe”. With a few simple ingredients and a bit of your time you can make up several appetizers for now and later; bake half and freeze half to bake in the oven for guests or for a movie and appetizer night with the hubby and/or family.
If you like this recipe, let me know in the comments below, check out my other recipes and I’d also love if you’d pin it for later on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Holiday Entertaining Guide
Through to the new year I will be sharing several delicious dessert and meal (or appetizer) recipes to help you entertain guests and family through the holidays in my Holiday Entertaining Guide. This bacon appetizer is part of the Holiday guide; make sure you check back for other new delicious recipes.
Other Bacon Appetizers
- 1 lb of sliced bacon
- Maraschino cherries (no stems), drained and patted dry
- 1 can of whole water chestnuts
- 24 Manzanilla green olives
- Soya Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Thaw and cut bacon in half.
- Wrap 2 cherries in bacon, 1 large olive in bacon and 1 water chestnut in bacon. Secure each with a toothpick pierced through and set aside. Continue until all bacon is used.
- Place the number off bacon appetizers on a baking pan, brush with soya sauce and place in the oven to bake 15 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Place the leftover appetizers in a sealed container into the freezer for up to 6 months.