Chicken & Sweet Potato Stew
Author: Stacey Martin
Recipe type: Crock Pot
- 4 cups (1 L) sweet potatoe(s), peeled and cubed
- 2.5 lb (1 kg) bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups (500 mL) brown mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) red onion(s), diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) rosemary, dried
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup (250 mL) green peas, frozen
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, minced, for garnish
- Peel sweet potatoes. Cut in half and then into cubes approximately 2 inches (5 cm) each. Add to the bottom of the crock of slow cooker.
- Top with chicken thighs.
- Slice mushrooms, dice onions and mince garlic. Scatter over chicken and sweet potatoes.
- Pour over white wine and sprinkle with dried rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours (HIGH 3-4 hours). Thirty minutes before completion scatter over frozen green peas. Cover and continue cooking.
- To serve, place chicken and sweet potatoes on a platter. Scatter with chopped parsley. Pour juices into a dish and serve on the side as au jus.
Recipe by This Lil Piglet at http://thislilpiglet.net/2013/10/cozy-up-chicken-stew/