Steak & Rice Wraps ~ The Kids Cook Monday
The Kids Cook Monday is a weekly opportunity for families to take health into their own hands. The Kids Cook Monday provides examples of kid friendly recipes and video demonstrations along with nutrition and safety tips – making it easy for families to cook and eat together every Monday.
When kids pitch in making meals, they’re empowered to consider the portions, the vitamins and the nutrients of what they’re eating. And since the family that cooks together eats together, parents can check in with their children during dinner.” ~ The Kids Cook Monday’s ~ Take the Challenge!
- Tortilla shells (whole wheat for a healthier choice)
- Brown Rice
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Barbeque Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Parsley Flakes
- Olive Oil
- Sirloin Steak
- Put 1 TBSP olive oil into a frying pan and heat to medium heat. Cut steak into long thin strips and place into the frying pan to cook until tender.
- Prep all vegetables into thin chopped strips and set aside. In a separate frying pan pour 2 TBSP of vinegar, 1 TSP of parsley flakes and 2 TBSP of honey heating to medium heat. Put carrot strips into this frying pan and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Cook brown rice according to the package for desired servings of tortillas; 2 servings should be plenty.
- Mix 1/4 cup barbeque sauce to 1/4 cup honey, 2 TBSP vinegar, 1/8th TSP of garlic powder for the sauce. ~ Kids can help
- Place 1 heaping TBSP of rice onto each tortilla, a little bit of each vegetable (cooked carrots, cucumber and lettuce) and steak strips. Poor 2 TBSP of sauce mix over the tortilla ingredients, roll like a burrito and serve. ~ Kids can help
These are a great tasting, healthy alternative that your kids will love for dinner and they can even help you make them. Mix it up with other additions like red pepper, mushrooms or whatever your family likes.
Tip: Don’t overstuff the tortillas or they won’t roll well.