Birthday Bash – Giveaway (2) Leapfrog Cook and Play Potsy Toy CLOSED
Congrats to winner/comment #37!
The Birthday Bash has officially started. Over the next week you will see giveaways posted from all our amazing sponsors. In support of the sponsors, please take the time to enter each giveaway.
To start this event with a bang, a BIG thank you goes out to LeapFrog for sponsoring this giveaway as part of the Birthday Bash event…
The Cook and Play Potsy toddler toy was sent to me as part of the Birthday Bash event for review. I intended on waiting until Baby Girls birthday to give this to her but she happened to see it and heard it talking to her when I was examining it on delivery day. Baby Girl was bouncing on her knees on the floor saying “Whas–tha” (What is that), something new she started saying recently which in my opinion is super cute but then I am kind of partial to her. 🙂 Naturally I couldn’t resist her cuteness and handed it over to her.
At first I just showed it to her in the box, letting her touch, figuring she’d get bored of it so I could put it away until her birthday but no such luck. She enjoyed the different foods she could hold nicely in her small hands and had fun picking each food up and dropping them back in the pot. Not so surprisingly she thinks the toy spoon is for her to eat from; she tries sticking it in her own mouth. One of these days she’ll figure out she can stir her toy food around in the pot. When she discovered the lid speaks to her every time she takes it off (“off” or “open”) and puts it on (“on” or “closed”), she was obsessed trying to figure it out. The Cook and Play Potsy toddler toy sings songs to her and makes sounds, for example a bubbling sound as if it’s boiling water, all cute features making it more life like. This is by far her favorite toy to play with right now, she never seems to get tired of taking to play food out and dropping them back in which is excellent for her motor skills.
The only thing I would have preferred as an added bonus would have been a volume switch or that the speaker be located in a better position. The volume is one setting and with the speaker on the bottom, if it’s sitting on the carpet, the sound doesn’t seem loud enough because the speaker is covered.
Get children’s imaginations brewing with Cook and Play Potsy!
Spice up the learning with colours, counting and more!
Hear food facts and sounds as you cook up a meal of your own imagination! Stirring adds music and rhymes to the mix!
Parents can connect to the online LeapFrog® Learning Path for customized learning ideas and insights from LeapFrog.
Food and healthy eating
One lucky winner will receive a LeapFrog Cook and Play Potsy toddler toy of their own.
Mandatory Entry: Visit http://www.leapfrog.ca and tell me which toy is your favorite.
Open to Canadians Only. **You must be a Google Friend Connect Follower of this blog to participate**
1. Subscribe to This Lil Piglet Email on the right sidebar (1 entry/1 comment required)
2. Become a Fan of This Lil Piglet on Facebook (1 entry/1 comment required)
3. Follow This Lil Piglet on Twitter (1 entry/1 comment required) AND Tweet this out giveaway out using the Twitter link above; post the link to your Tweet in your comment (Tweeting this on Twitter up to ONCE PER DAY will gain you 1 entry/1 comment required PER DAY for each day of the contest)
4. Add my Review and Giveaway button to your website or blog sidebar, using the HTML code in the left sidebar of this blog and post the link where I can check. (3 entries/3 comments required)
5. Become a Fan of LeapFrog Canada on Facebook AND tell them This Lil Piglet sent you (1 entry/1 comment required)
6. Follow LeapFrog on Twitter AND tell them @thislilpiglet sent you (1 entry/1 comment required)
7. Enter another giveaway here on This Lil Piglet (1 entry/ 1 comment for each giveaway entered)**Giveaway ends 11:59 pm CST on June 9th, 2011. Open to Canada!**
Disclaimer: The product mentioned above has been provided free of charge from the company for the purposes of this review. Opinions expressed belong solely to This Lil Piglet and are NOT influenced in any way. Other than the review sample product This Lil Piglet has not received any form of compensation for the review of this product.