Birthday Bash – Giveaway (9) LeapFrog Counting Candles Toy CLOSED
Congrats to winner/comment #9!
A BIG thank you goes out to LeapFrog for sponsoring this giveaway as part of the Birthday Bash event…
The Counting Candles Birthday Cake toddler toy from LeapFrog was the perfect toy to review for the Birthday Bash event. Like every LeapFrog toy, there are several play options to choose from.
By pressing the star button you can choose the age of the birthday child 1-5 (each press will count up to 5, stop at the age of the child); you can encourage your child to count along. The toy will proceed to play the tune to Happy Birthday; the lights of the candles will flicker during the song and your child will be asked to press the star and balloon buttons during which individually play different sounds to enhance the tune of the song, like a piano effect. At the end of the birthday song, your child will be asked to blow out the candles, a favorite and most unique feature of this toy with all four of my kids (even if they are older than 5, they all seem to love Baby Girls toys). There are little holes at the top of the candles that when blown on will blow out the lights of the candles all at once. The candles will flicker until they are blown out (if you leave it on, the toy will go out itself to save battery power). The toy will then say yay, happy, happy, happy birthday!
Encourage your child to sing along, counting as the candles light up. Singing, counting, and interactive play make this toy not only a cute addition to any child’s birthday aged 1-5 but will enhance their motor skills and make play time a fun experience. This toy would be a great replacement for kids who cannot eat real birthday cake, such as gluten free diets. If your kids are like mine, birthday tunes are not only sung on birthdays; the Counting Candles Birthday Cake toddler toy makes everyday a birthday, making those tea party pretend play days an extra special one.
Make every day a birthday! Five candles light up one by one, and children can blow them out, just like on a real cake! Sing along to a counting song, five songs about growing up or add birthday lyrics to an instrumental tune. You can also listen to children’s thoughts on the best things about birthdays.
Parents can connect to the online LeapFrog® Learning Path for customized learning insights and ideas to expand the learning.
– Pretend play
– Motor skills
One lucky winner will receive a Counting Candles toddler toy of their own from www.leapfrog.ca.
Mandatory Entry: Visit http://www.leapfrog.ca and tell me which toy is your favorite.
Open to Canadians Only. **You must be a Google Friend Connect Follower of this blog to participate**
1. Subscribe to This Lil Piglet Email on the right sidebar (1 entry/1 comment required)
2. Become a Fan of This Lil Piglet on Facebook (1 entry/1 comment required)
3. Follow This Lil Piglet on Twitter (1 entry/1 comment required) AND Tweet this out giveaway out using the Twitter link above; post the link to your Tweet in your comment (Tweeting this on Twitter up to ONCE PER DAY will gain you 1 entry/1 comment required PER DAY for each day of the contest)
4. Add my Review and Giveaway button to your website or blog sidebar, using the HTML code in the left sidebar of this blog and post the link where I can check. (3 entries/3 comments required)
5. Become a Fan of LeapFrog Canada on Facebook AND tell them This Lil Piglet sent you (1 entry/1 comment required)
6. Follow LeapFrog on Twitter AND tell them @thislilpiglet sent you (1 entry/1 comment required)
7. Enter another giveaway here on This Lil Piglet (1 entry/ 1 comment for each giveaway entered)
**Giveaway ends 11:59 pm CST on June 21st, 2011. Open to Canada!**
Disclaimer: The product mentioned above has been provided free of charge from the company for the purposes of this review. Opinions expressed belong solely to This Lil Piglet and are NOT influenced in any way. Other than the review sample product This Lil Piglet has not received any form of compensation for the review of this product.
61 comments on “Birthday Bash – Giveaway (9) LeapFrog Counting Candles Toy CLOSED”