How to Add Your Feed to a StumbleUpon Profile
Do you see this fancy little feed box? Of course you do and it probably won’t be the first place you’ve seen it either. A fellow blogger friend of mine recently included her feed in her StumbleUpon profile which I thought was brilliant. I’m not sure why I didn’t think of that but nonetheless; it’s very easy to do and you can do this too. Here is how.
Tip: You can click on each picture to view a larger version and return by clicking the back button on your browser.
- Step one: Login to Google Accounts and click on Feedburner. If you don’t have Google Accounts, you can log in directly to Feedburner.com
- Step 2: Once you are logged in to Feedburner, click on Publicize where you will see the “Headline Animator” option on the left sidebar. If you haven’t already set up a Headline Animator feed box yet, you will need to do so now. Simply click on “Create New” below the Headline Animator option.
- Step 3: Your feed URL will already be inputed into the “Clickthrough URL” box; do not change this. Choose the “Theme” or size of the box and change the colors around to suit your tastes. Unfortunately, there are only so many color options but you can see how your choices look in the preview area. Once you have decided on the look of the feed box, click on “Activate”.
- Step 4: You will now see the “Theme”/size of the Headline Animator you just created on the left sidebar (highlighted in grey in the picture). Click the drop-down box under “Add to…”, select the “Other ( just gimme code)” option and click on next.
- Step 5: A box will pop up with code specific to your feed. Highlight and copy the entire code inside the box; it will now be available on your clipboard to paste later.
- Step 6: Log in to your StumbleUpon profile. Click on “Settings” then “Customize Profile”. Here you will see your profile information; if you haven’t filled this out yet, I recommend doing so to maximize your StumbleUpon experience as talked about here.
- Step 7: In the “Introduce Yourself…” box, paste the code you previously copied to your clipboard. I prefer before my introduction paragraph but this is up to you if you want to place the code before or after the paragraph. I also suggest using a space between your feed box and your introduction paragraph, as suggested in the picture. Save!
Nice post. I’ll have to try that next time a have a minute! Stumbled your post! Could you stumble this one? According to Jenny?
Thanks for this tutorial. I’m still incorporating Stumble Upon into my blogging, but I’ve noticed it’s become a bigger source of traffic since I’ve started doing your Stumble hops. Stumbling this post 🙂
Thank you. Yes it is my top referrer so take it from me, it’s worth spending the time on! 🙂
Thanks for the advice. Stopping by from Stop and Stumble hop. I am always looking for ways to get traffic to my blog. I stumbled this post and would love it if you stumbled mine.
I have followed you and stumbled your post.
New to this whole Stumble scene, but I just stumbled this. I am participating in your hop and thank you for hosting.
Would love it if you can stumble my post http://messforless.blogspot.com/2011/09/you-can-count-on-me.html