I’m a fan of any sugar coated nut; this is one is one of my favorites. In fact after making these, I had to cut myself off from eating them or they would have been completely gone within a day. Packaged in a pretty baking box or baking bag, these make a great gift.
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 lb pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To reduce cleaning time, you can line a baking sheet with parchment paper but I just sprayed a little oil on my pan.
- In a large freezer bag, mix together the vanilla extract, water and egg whites.
- In another large freezer bag, mix together sugars, salt and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to the freezer bag with the liquid ingredients mixture and with bag sealed, shake the pecans until evenly coated.
- Put the egg coated pecans in the freezer bag filled with dry ingredients, shaking until completely coated.
- Pour the sugar coated pecans onto the baking sheet, spread out for easier baking.
- Bake pecans for one hour, remove the pan to flip the pecans over with a spatula every 20 minutes, to reduce the chances of the pecans sticking to the pan. Cool completely before serving or packaging.