Summer Recipes with Minute Maid
From play time to eating, summer around here is spent mostly outdoors. I always have a hard time pulling my kids in from outside and I feel bad about it, if it’s a nice day. I often prepare “outdoor” summer treats for my kids to help keep them hydrated but treats that are fun too. Minute Maid has some great kid-approved recipes on their site to help you spruce up your hydration this summer. The Berry Swirl Ice Pops and Sparkling Grape Lemonade were a hit around here. I’ve included the recipes so you can try them yourself; let me know what you think.
Berry Swirl Ice Pops
- · 1 can 295mL Minute Maid® Berry Punch frozen concentrate (unthawed)
- · 1 cup Frozen mixed berries (unthawed)
- · 1/2 cup Water
- · 2 cups Vanilla yogurt
- · In blender, purée together berry punch frozen concentrate, mixed berries and water until smooth.
- · Pour into each ice-pop mould, starting with berry mixture, alternately spoon in berry mixture and yogurt, making 3 layers of berry mixture and 2 layers of yogurt.
- · Using tip of knife or skewer, make 1 or 2 swirls. Insert stick into centre
- · Freeze until solid
SUMMER FUN TIP: Don’t have ice-pop moulds? No worries. Just use 5-oz (148 mL) disposable paper cups and wooden ice-pop sticks to make these tasty summertime treats.
Sparkling Grape Lemonade
- · 1 can 295mL Minute Maid® Grape Punch frozen concentrate, thawed (undiluted)
- · 1 can 295mL Minute Maid® Lemonade frozen concentrate, thawed (undiluted)
- · 3 cups Sprite® Sparkling Beverage
- · 2 cups Water
- · Ice cubes or ice ring
Directions: In punch bowl or large pitcher, stir together grape punch and lemonade frozen concentrates, Sprite® and water; mix well. Fill with ice cubes or add ice ring to keep cold.
SUMMER FUN TIP: Jazz up your lemonade and use frozen grapes as ice cubes.
- · Personalized punches: Don’t like your juices too sweet? Simply add more water to your Minute Maid frozen juice or punch
- · Freeze for future: Frozen juices and punches can be easily stored for a long period of time so you never have to worry about being empty-handed when your little one surprises you and invites the whole neighbourhood over.
- · Mix and match: Try inventing your own summer recipes by mixing and matching different frozen juices and punches. With over 16 varieties to choose from, there is a juice or punch for every occasion.
For more great summer entertaining recipes visit www.minutemaid.ca