Sweet Salty Crusted Chickpeas
I’m always looking for healthy alternative snacks that my kids will eat; kids are picky. By this time of the year my kids are getting bored with the contents of their school lunches and I was thinking of new healthy snacks I could replace some contents with and also that my toddler could snack on during the day when I came up with this Sweet and Salty Graham Wafer Crusted Chickpeas recipe. These are high in fibre, a great travel or lunch snack and the best part is that my kids actually like them. I hope these are a new addition to your snack routine too.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp liquid honey
- 1½ tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tbsp graham wafer crumbs
- Rinse chickpeas with water and drain well.
- Mix in remaining ingredients with a wooden or plastic spoon to avoid mashing the chickpeas, stir well.
- Spread mixed chickpeas over a baking pan in a single layer.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes, stirring a couple times between to avoid burning.
- Let cool completely before eating.