Top 5 Tips to Maximize Dishwasher Performance #FinishRevolution
I could not live without my dishwasher! Okay, that’s a bit dramatic but seriously my dishwasher makes my daily life much more efficient but only if it actually cleans my dishes properly. I’m an over-stuffer; I admit it. That with the combination of a poor quality dishwasher detergent are a couple of reasons those sticky egg culprits are left behind; eggs, it’s a love/hate relationship. Since joining the #FinishRevolution, I have been testing the results of the Finish Quantum dishwasher detergent and I have been pulling out all the stops and witnessing amazing results. I am impressed to say the least.
Recently I was asked to join the #FinishRevolution Webinar where we would hear tips on how to ensure our dishwasher is cleaning our dishes like it is meant to. I have been loading my dishwasher for years so naturally I assume I know it all…on that topic. 😉 What’s the saying? “Even old dogs learn new tricks.” No more pre-rinsing necessary; I learned some great tips that I wanted to share with you to help let the dishwasher work for you like it is meant to:
1. Use a quality dishwasher detergent – Make sure your detergent has both cleaning agents, enzymes and bleach. Gels and powders contain one or the other, not both cleaning agents, which reduces the effectiveness of their cleaning ability. Using a detergent like Finish Quantum will ensure your dishes are cleaned to 100% of what they can be because it contains both cleaning agents in one concentrated mono-dose tablet. Gels and loose powder require much larger amounts to fill the dishwasher detergent tray, seeming more cost effective when in reality tablets come per usage and are comparable. It is important to use detergents with both cleaning agents because enzymes work to clear away pesky food particles, like eggs, and the bleach agent works at the high temperatures to clean up the rest of what the enzymes left behind. Enzymes and bleach work hand in hand.
2. Don’t over-stack your dishwasher – Placing larger dishes over smaller ones or too tightly together in your dishwasher doesn’t allow the hot water to reach all areas of the dishes and will decrease the likelihood of spotless dishes.
3. Use hot water – Dishwashers work best using hot water at a temperature of 120 degrees. Something as simply as the distance of travel from your hot water tank to your dishwasher or home owners turning down the temperature can effect the temperature of the water introduced into the dishwasher and in turn affect the effectiveness.
4. Use a rinse agent – Using a rinse agent, like Jet-Dry, assists your dishwasher cleaning cycle to avoid water spots by making your “water wetter”. Jet-dry thins out water allowing to slide right off and in turn allows your dishes to dry quicker.
5. Clean your dishwasher – There is a build up of mineral deposits that occur overtime increasing the chance that your detergent will be less effective at cleaning your dishes to it’s intended effect. Using a dishwasher cleaner every so often, like the Finish Dishwasher Cleaner, will ensure you dishwasher and detergent are running at their maximum.
I know, I know; you find it hard to believe that this is the best dishwasher detergent on the market I’ve tried. Let me challenge you to take the #FinishRevolution test to come up with your own results.
To help you along with this challenge I’m giving away: 2 Boxes of Finish Quantum (20 ct) for YOU to try out! Open to Canada now until May 30th 12:01 am ET. Enter in the form below for your chance to win.
“Disclosure: I am part of the Finish Blogger Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”
I usually wash the dishes in my household.
I do the dishes except lately I’ve been sick so my husband was doing them. That was comical to watch!
The dishwasher does the dishes in our house for the most part (yay!). Okay, and both my husband and I will wash certain cutting boards, pots etc. by hand as needed, but it’s probably a 50/50 effort (also yay!). 🙂
We all usually work together to clean up after meals, load the dishwasher, wash non-dishwasher safe items.
We have an old dishwasher that means we must thoroughly rinse everything before putting it in the dishwasher. I would love to try out Finish and see if I could get away with not so much rinsing as it kind of defeats the purpose of having a dishwasher in the 1st place…Thanks for the chance to win!
My boyfriend and I both do dishes in our household
I do most of the dishes ,but my husband helps when he is home
I usually always do the dishes, unless we use the dishwasher!
dalleykt at live dot ca
I do most of the dishes