Vanilla Berry Cucumber Protein Smoothie
I was feeling a bit sluggish so I was searching around for a mid-afternoon snack. I didn’t want anything to eat but a refreshing drink came to mind, a Vanilla Berry Cucumber Protein Smoothie, for an energy pick-me-up. I personally concocted this recipe that is super tasty (I’m not kidding), full of healthy ingredients and one I know will be a great alternative to breakfast for my kids. Enjoy!
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 4 large spinach leaves
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ medium cucumber
- ¼ cup edamame beans
- Add first 5 ingredients to your blender.
- Peel and slice the cucumber, setting aside a few slices for garnish, add the remaining cucumber slices to the blender.
- Cook the edamame beans in the microwave as per instruction. I used prepackaged edamame beans in pod (about 3 minutes on high), remove beans from the pods to fill ¼ measuring cup and add to blender.
- Blend for 3-5 minutes or until smooth.
- Poor into your favourite glasses and garnish each glass with a slice or two of cucumber.
Mmm, this looks and sounds great. I will be trying it this summer for sure. Thanks for sharing!
Pingback: Nutrient Rich Smoothies For Kids | SkinnyNOTSkinny