Rise and Shine Citrus Smoothie
Breakfast gets stale with the same old menu, especially for kids, but with the usual morning chaos nobody has time for a full out meal. When we are in a hurry, I love blending up a batch of our favourite smoothie’s for convenience. Smoothie’s are the perfect power breakfast and the best part is that they are easily transportable. This Rise and Shine Citrus Smoothie by Minute Maid is sure to put a little pep in your kiddos walk and put your mind at ease that they are getting the nutrients they need to start the day off right.
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 cups honey-flavoured Greek yogurt
- 1 cup Minute Maid Chilled Orange Juice
- ¼ cup Minute Maid Frozen Grapefruit Concentrate
- ¼ cup oat bran
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 cups ice cubes
- In blender, combine blueberries, yogurt, orange juice, grapefruit concentrate, oat bran, honey, chia seeds (if using) and flaxseed.
- Mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add ice cubes; pulse until ice cubes begin to break down.
- Puree until completely incorporated.