Casseroles aren’t just comfort food but an easy all-in-one meal we can quickly through together on days with limited time. Perogy Casserole is one of our favourites; the combination of creamy sauce with ingredients we always have in our home makes this a go-to recipe.
- 16-20 Perogies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- ½ cup cooked ham, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 10 oz can condensed Cream of Mushroom
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup crushed corn flakes
- In a small frying pan melt butter or margarine and sauté onion and green pepper until onions are golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Combine perogies, onion, green pepper and ham in a medium casserole dish.
- In a small bowl mix milk and mushroom soup then pour over the other ingredients in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese and crushed corn flakes on top, cover and bake at 175 C (350 F) for 40 minutes.