Grilled Corn Avocado Salsa
Just in time for summer, paired with tortilla chips straight from the oven this Grilled Corn Avocado Salsa will become a BBQ favourite. Need a little spice to kick it up a knotch? Just add a little more fresh jalapeño.
4 large tortilla shells
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Cut into triangles using a pizza cutter, place beside each other on a cookie sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix spices and sprinkle over tortilla chips before placing in the oven on broil for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Watch to make sure they do not burn.
- Flip each chip, spray again with cooking spray and sprinkle a little more spice on the other side. Don’t over-do the spice or they will be too salty.
- Continue to broil the second side for less time, just enough to brown slightly.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Note: you will likely have left over spices unless you make a larger batch of chips.
Grilled Corn Avocado Salsa
Author: Stacey Martin
Recipe type: Appetizer, Dip
- 3 cobs of corn, grilled and shucked
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ½ medium jalapeño, finely chopped (include seeds to increase heat)
- 1 tbsp dried cilantro or ½ bundle of chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Clean and grill the cobs of corn, turning to avoid over cooking or burning and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl mix first 5 ingredients well.
- Add salt, pepper and cilantro and mix through the first 5 ingredients.
- Add the lime juice and oil and mix well.
- Serve with pan made tortilla chips or use as a topping for meat.
OMG this looks so yummy!!!!
Thanks Serena. It was very good, even the LO ate it up.
Loved the video, you should do them regularly, the kids add the extra realness!
Thank you so much; the kids are truly what takes place in any given recipe. lol I’m thinking of doing more vids…we’ll see. 🙂
Love this recipe. I would have never thought to put avocado and corn together. I have had salsa with both in it just not together. Can’t wait to make it and try it out. Thanks so much for sharing.
Thanks Chelsea. It was delicious. Hubs liked it so much he ate most of it for supper.
First, I really want that like, right this second. Second, your video is adorable! This whole post just made me happy!
Thank you Jeanette! I highly recommend the recipe. I don’t know what it was but doing this one made me feel like summer is finally here. 🙂
So simple but packed with flavor; yum!
Ooo this looks so good and summer-y! I love salsa with just about anything.
Me too; it’s going on my next recipe too. lol
Oh goodness…I love roasted corn. This looks awesome.
We eat homemade salsa all the time (the Mexican influence) but I never thought to add corn and my kids and husband love it. Great idea, I will definitely be trying this.
Beautiful picture and videos are always fun.
Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo
Great video and I love the look of this recipe. I have never attempted a homemade salsa…yet! I think I’ll have to try this one 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
You make it look so fun and easy to make! Can’t wait to try! Love the guest appearances by your assistants 🙂