Grilled Corn Avocado Salsa
Just in time for summer, paired with tortilla chips straight from the oven this Grilled Corn Avocado Salsa will become a BBQ favourite. Need a little spice to kick it up a knotch? Just add a little more fresh jalapeño.
4 large tortilla shells
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Cut into triangles using a pizza cutter, place beside each other on a cookie sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Mix spices and sprinkle over tortilla chips before placing in the oven on broil for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Watch to make sure they do not burn.
- Flip each chip, spray again with cooking spray and sprinkle a little more spice on the other side. Don’t over-do the spice or they will be too salty.
- Continue to broil the second side for less time, just enough to brown slightly.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- 3 cobs of corn, grilled and shucked
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ½ medium jalapeño, finely chopped (include seeds to increase heat)
- 1 tbsp dried cilantro or ½ bundle of chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Clean and grill the cobs of corn, turning to avoid over cooking or burning and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl mix first 5 ingredients well.
- Add salt, pepper and cilantro and mix through the first 5 ingredients.
- Add the lime juice and oil and mix well.
- Serve with pan made tortilla chips or use as a topping for meat.