Rhubarb Slush Beverage
Rhubarb is now in season and my garden is full of it, ripe for the picking. I have a few tried and true recipe favourites that I like to whip up every year when the long awaited Rhubarb is ready. This is the first year I’ve made Rhubarb Slush but it will be on my list every year from now on; it’s mix of strawberries, pineapple and rhubarb compliment each other nicely for a sweet and savory beverage. If you like this recipe; please pin and share. 🙂
- 8 cups rhubarb, large diced
- 8 cups water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 tbsp strawberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Boil rhubarb and 8 cups of water, simmering for 10 minutes.
- In an ice cream pail (or similar size container), combine sugar, jello, sugar & 2 cups boiling water, stirring until dissolved.
- Strain the rhubarb juice into the sugar mixture (throw the rhubarb pulp away after squeezing the juice through the strainer) & stir.
- Add pineapple and lemon juice and mix well.
- Freeze approximately 48 hours before serving.
- Scoop one ice cream size scoop into a glass and pour Gingerale, Sprite or Fresca over to fill your glass.