Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp
Crisp is always a good comfort food dessert. Unfortunately Rhubarb isn’t always in season so we take advantage of it when it is. Paired with strawberries, this Rhubarb Crisp will give just the right amount of sweet to that tang. This is one of my husband favourite desserts, perfect for Father’s Day this weekend, just top with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream while the crisp is still warm and enjoy.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb, sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- whipped cream or ice cream for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and cornstarch. Add rhubarb and strawberries and toss to coat. Place in the bottom of an 8 inch baking dish or casserole bowl.
- In a small bow, mix the remaining ingredients (not including garnish) until it is crumbly; sprinkle over fruit and patted down.
- Bake at 350 F. for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top and fruit is bubbling and tender.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
I have never made anything with rhubarb before but that sounds really good.
This recipes sounds good. I love rhubarb. I have made Strawberry-rhubarb pie a few times.
YUM! This looks delish! It’s one of our favourites since we have heaps of rhubarb and strawberries on the farm! Totally drooling now, my friend!
It didn’t last, so good! We have so much but the rhubarb doesnt last before it goes woody too long SK we take advantage. Nomnomnom