Chicken and Bean Bake
We’re getting closer to the back to school rush and that has me thinking of some of my go-to quick and easy comfort foods for the fall season. I make this all year long, with chicken as a main dish or without as a side dish. It’s easy, quick and a dish everyone in the family loves; that’s a win-win in my books.
What are your go-to quick and easy recipes?
- 3-4 chicken breasts cubed
- 2 cups of green beans
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups prepared stuffing
- In a 9" x 13" baking dish layer uncooked chicken then green beans.
- Mix the cans of soup and pour over top of the chicken and beans.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese of top of the soup.
- Evenly sprinkle the prepared stuffing over the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour.
That looks too delicious. I think I might have to try this sometime this week. It is just so easy. If my kid’s don’t like mushrooms, which other kind of cream soup would you suggest?
It’s really good; cream of celery would be equally as good. Let me know how they like it; it’s one of our favourites taste-wise and for me, cannot beat how quick it is.
You can mix the soup and use a strainer to strain the mushrooms out that is what I do as we don’t eat mushrooms either.
You could use Cream of Celery in it’s place, if preferred. Either is fine.
I’ve even made made it with Cream of Potato. I think any cream soup you enjoy would work. Growing up we had this a lot. Thanks for the reminder. I think I have our dinner for tonight decided 🙂