Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Everyone is chatting about what the big deal is about zucchini on social media today. My garden is full of ripe zucchini for the picking; this is prime first harvest time and I for one will be loading my freezer up with many tasty treats and frozen veggies and you get to reap the benefits of a tried and true zucchini recipe gem. This is Hubs favourite, I’m more of a loaf type of gal but don’t worry, I’ll be posting that recipe soon too.
What is your favourite zucchini recipe?
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup oil
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup sour milk
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cloves
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Mix butter, oil and sugar and add eggs one beating after each.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Spray a 9" x 13" pan with cooking oil and place batter into pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the batter.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 325 degrees F. for 40 - 50 mins. Insert a toothpick into the centre to check if the cake is done.
- Cool completely and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.