Stuffed Bacon Mushrooms
The other day I had a request for these bad boys, thanks to my healthy appetite. Unfortunately Hubs didn’t take me seriously so I decided to make them on my own as a side to a juicy steak and coleslaw salad. Normally we make these as appetizers but but my cravings had another plan this week.
- 1 lb medium fresh mushrooms
- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- ½ cup minced onion
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Clean mushrooms, remove stems and chop.
- In a frying pan fry bacon. With a slotted spoon, drain and remove cooked bacon and set aside.
- Sauté minced onion, red pepper and stems in bacon grease.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Fill each mushroom cap with mixture and place on a cooking pan.
- Sprinkle each stuffed mushroom with a little parmesan cheese and broil at 425 degrees F. for about 15-20 mins.