Experience @DisneyCruise Disney Magic Reinvented
I have always wanted to take a cruise. There’s something about setting sail to take a trip with all the modern amenities, amazing entertainment and have the ability to stop in more than one place along your adventure. A Disney Cruise Line cruise is on my family bucket list. Imagine being enveloped in magic from morning to night; a cruise where the little extras touches of Disney join you along your sail. Re-imagined Disney Magic recently set sail with new spaces, re-imagined areas and exciting additions for the whole family.
From a new grand atrium lobby and a children’s area of “super hero” proportions to a three-story water thrill slide and a spa to stimulate the “Senses,” there are plenty of new and magical surprises in store for cruise guests. The ship features fun new experiences with Marvel characters—the first time super heroes from the Marvel universe have been introduced on a Disney Cruise Line ship.
Highlights of the NEW Magic
- A Grand First Impression – When guests board the Disney Magic, they enter the grand atrium lobby that is redesigned to be “elegant art deco, inspired by elements of the sea,” according to Lanzisero.
- Disney, Disney-Pixar & Marvel Characters Join the Fun – With Marvel now a part of the Walt Disney Company family, this marks the first time the super hero icons of Marvel have been introduced on a Disney Cruise Line ship. Marvel and Walt Disney Imagineers have created a new space for children to enter into the Marvel Universe.
- Disney’s Oceaneer Lab – 3 to 12-year-old children go on a journey of discovery, exploration and adventures. At this new pirate-themed area, children are encouraged to create, play and explore. An animator’s studio, a pirate workshop and lab lets kids get hands-on to create experiments and art projects, and Navigator Simulators let young buccaneers steer a ship through the mysterious waters of the Caribbean.
- H2 … OH! – The upper ship decks of the Disney Magic have been redesigned for plenty of splashtacular fun, with waterful adventures that include a three-story water slide for thrill-seekers and a Huey, Dewey and Louie-themed toddler splash zone for smaller ducklings.
- Disney Dining With an Extra Dash of Pixie Dust – New restaurants and new technology are on the menu for the restaurants aboard Disney Magic.
- The Fun’s Just Begun When Nighttime Comes – After a day of soaking in the sun on the decks and enjoying activities around the ship, Disney Magic offers big city-style fun in After Hours, the nighttime adult entertainment district. An all-new lineup of clubs includes venues for dancing, comedy, music and variety shows. After Hours replaces Beat Street, formerly on the Disney Magic.
- Open Up, and Say ‘Spa’ – For the ultimate in relaxation and pampering, the enhanced Senses Spa & Salon offers many indulgences. Redesigned with a sleek and contemporary style, this haven of personal harmony provides an unmatched ocean-view environment. The size of the spa has been expanded by 725 square feet, to a total size of nearly 11,500 square feet.
- Family Fun in the D Lounge – Another re-imagined area, D Lounge, offers a variety of family-friendly games, shows, dances and activities designed for all ages. Colorful and contemporary, this space encourages creative and kinetic fun. Families can enjoy entertainment, game shows and activities together in D Lounge which replaces Studio Sea, formerly on the Disney Magic.
- Putting more ‘room’ in staterooms – Disney Cruise Line knows that traveling families always need more space, so features are included in each room to provide more usable space. Bed frames are elevated to provide storage space underneath. The bathrooms include the split-bath feature that Disney introduced to the cruise industry—providing even greater convenience to guests.
If you’re thinking of a cruise for your next vacation, consider the newly re-invented Disney Magic on the Disney Cruise Line or connect on Facebook and Twitter.
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are those of This Lil Piglet and are 100% my own.