We’re at day 4 of #HolidayAppetizers week and I made something that took a little more time but, in my opinion, is more than worth the effort, these Ginger Pork Spring Rolls. Traditionally these are deep friend but I wanted a little healthier version so I baked these at 400 F. for 15 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy on the outside. If you’re looking for additional treats to your appetizer platters, try 40 of our favourite cookies, squares and candy recipes.
Welcome to the #HolidayAppetizers week from myself, Stacey at This Lil Piglet, Angie of Echoes of Laughter, Julie of Sober Julie and Stacie of Simply Stacie. This week 4 of us are getting together for a week of our best #HolidayAppetizers for all those get-togethers over the holidays. Each day this week, Monday to Friday, you can pop by each of our blogs for a new and tasty recipe. Let us know which recipe is your favourite and if you like what we have for you this week, please share, pin or comment.
- 6 oz lean ground pork
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onion
- 1 1/12 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 18 - 6" spring roll wrappers
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Combine first 8 ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Stir water into flour in a small dish until smooth.
- Place one spring roll wrapper on work surface; cover remaining wrappers with damp tea towel to prevent drying.
- Dampen wrapper with water and flour mixture. Place about 1 tbsp of pork mixture in the bottom corner of the wrapper, folding corner over filling, fold side corners over filling and roll tightly toward top corner to seal. Repeat with each roll until complete.
- Deep fry about 2-3 rolls at a time in hot 375 F. cooking oil for about 2-3 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and the outside is crispy and golden brown. Set cooked rolls to drain on a bed of paper towels.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauces.
These can be made ahead to freeze and reheated from frozen on 350 F. in the oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through.