For day 2 of the #ChristmasCookies week I am sharing with you one of my families all-time favourite Christmas platter dainties, the Iced Cherry Squares. They don’t take long to make and trust me when I say, these are to die for.
Welcome to Christmas Cookie Week 2013! This year, 8 bloggers have come together to share a daily recipe for yummy and delicious cookies that we hope will inspire you during this season of Christmas baking!
We come from different parts of Canada, with one friend joining us from Alabama, but we all share a joy of baking which makes for love…fresh from the oven!
Iced Cherry Squares
- 1½ cup graham wafer crumbs
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut
- 1½ cup confectioners sugar (icing sugar)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- ½ cup diced maraschino cherries
- In a small bowl mix graham crumbs, brown sugar, salt and melted butter well and press into the bottom of an ungreased square baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 F.
- Mix together condensed milk and coconut and spread over the baked graham wafer base. Bake at 350 F. for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and spread over the top of the cooled coconut layer.
- Slice into small squares and add to any baking platter for added colour.