LeapPad Ultra Review Guest Post #SJHolidayGiftGuide
Technology fills our lives, and the lives of our children. From computers to iPods and everything in between. As a parent, when my daughter, Charley (age 7) asked for a LeapPad Ultra for her 8th birthday, my first thought was “Another piece of technology?!?” So, I tried to change her wishlist to include dolls or art supplies or something, but there was no changing my stubborn little red-head’s mind! A LeapPad Ultra was the one and only thing on her list. With both of my children, we have used alot of the previous Leap Frog toys in the past and have never been disappointed. So, the day came for Charley’s 8th birthday……
Nothing tops that excitement in her face!! She was THRILLED!! A couple of things I noticed right away was the design of the tablet…it looks like other tablets on the market, but it is kid-durable! The outer shell of it is designed to be impact resistant and the shape of the design is perfect for little hands to hold. The set up was quick and easy and one of the first things that prompts is to create a parental restriction passcode. This prevents kids from being able to purchase apps or books without getting a parents’ approval first.
She hasn’t hardly put it down! And I love that all the games are fun and educational. The app store has a huge selection of books and apps that are all age-rated so that you know you are getting something that will be fun and within an appropriate age range for them. I have watched her play on it for hours – she even uses the ‘Music’ app to play music for her to sing along with while she is in the shower (she leaves the LeapPad Ultra on the bathroom counter for this!!) The secure web browser makes me feel safe as a parent that she won’t be able to access any inappropriate websites by misspelling something by mistake.
What I love…
- The kid-friendly screen layout and durability
- Safe Access to Wi-Fi through LeapSearch Zui
- The camera, music and art studio apps allow Charley to be super creative
- The variety of over 800 apps and books that are available for all ages
- The ability to set up multiple profiles for multiple kids or guests
What Charley says about it:
- “I love that it has a screen size like Daddy’s tablet but that it has all MY favorite games on it!”
- “My favorite parts about my LeapPad Ultra are the Art Studio app so that I can make new pictures everyday and I love that I can take fun pictures with the camera on it!”
- When asked what her she thought about the LeapPad Ultra, she replied with “I don’t like my LeapPad, Mommy……I LOVE IT!!!!!!!”
WOW! LeapPad Ultra has renewed my faith that added technology in our kids lives can definitely have positive effects! The LeapPad Ultra has already been on a road trip with us and is kid-tested and definitely parent approved! The battery was still almost full after our 2 hour road trip of continuous use and I am excited to see all of the add-ons we can look at as Christmas gifts this year! Retailing at $149, the LeapPad Ultra will make a great gift for any of the kids aged 3-9 in your lives!
Disclosure: My reviewer, Lisa, was provided product for the purposes of review. Opinions are 100% her own.