By now on day 3 of the #ChristmasCookies week your mouth is probably watering and you’re making your next grocery list. Today I am sharing with you one of my families easiest and favourite Christmas candies, Microwave Peanut Brittle. I have to put a stop myself from eating the whole batch; once you get the cook time just right, you may make this all year long.
Welcome to Christmas Cookie Week 2013! This year, 8 bloggers have come together to share a daily recipe for yummy and delicious cookies that we hope will inspire you during this season of Christmas baking!
We come from different parts of Canada, with one friend joining us from Alabama, but we all share a joy of baking which makes for love…fresh from the oven!
Microwave Peanut Brittle
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups dry roast peanuts
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In a large bowl microwave water and butter on high power for 1½ - 2 minutes or until active boiling.
- Add sugar, peanuts and corn syrup, mix well and place back into the microwave on high power for 13-15 minutes or until a deep caramel colour, careful not to burn the sugar.
- Remove from the microwave and stir in the baking soda until it foams.
- Spread onto a greased cookie sheet quickly; it sets quickly.
- Cool and break into pieces.