We’re on the final day of the #ChristmasCookies week and there have been so many yummy recipes included from the ladies; make sure you head over to their blogs to check them all out. For day #5, I wanted to share with you one of my kids favourite Christmas bars, Rocky Road Bars. These bars have all my favourite flavours in mind and they’re not just for kids.
Welcome to Christmas Cookie Week 2013! This year, 8 bloggers have come together to share a daily recipe for yummy and delicious cookies that we hope will inspire you during this season of Christmas baking!
We come from different parts of Canada, with one friend joining us from Alabama, but we all share a joy of baking which makes for love…fresh from the oven!
Rocky Road Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup margarine
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup mini m&m's
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp corn syrup
- Butterscotch topping (optional)
- Base: Combine flour, oats, sugar and baking soda. Cut in margarine and press mixture into a 9x13" pan; bake at 350 F. for 20 minutes.
- Topping: Toss together marshmallows, chips, walnuts, m&m's and corn syrup. Spread over the crust; return to the oven for 6-7 minutes.
- Optional: Drizzle butterscotch topping over the top.
- Let cool completely and cut into bars.