Sweet Pepper Bruschetta # HolidayAppetizers
For day 3 of #HolidayAppetizers week I decided to share one of our favourite easy appetizer recipes, Sweet Pepper Bruschetta. I love the classic bruschetta but the kids like this sweeter version a bit better. This appetizer is easy to make ahead for guests or just for a quick snack, just pair it with your favourite crackers or mini-breads and you are set. If you’re looking for additional treats to your appetizer platters, try 40 of our favourite cookies, squares and candy recipes.
Welcome to the #HolidayAppetizer week from myself, Stacey at This Lil Piglet, Angie of Echoes of Laughter, Julie of Sober Julie and Stacie of Simply Stacie. This week 4 of us are getting together for a week of our best #HolidayAppetizers for all those get-togethers over the holidays. Each day this week, Monday to Friday, you can pop by each of our blogs for a new and tasty recipe. Let us know which recipe is your favourite and if you like what we have for you this week, please share, pin or comment.
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium yellow pepper
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1½ tsp parsley flakes
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 30 baguette slices ½ " thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Finely chop peppers and tomato and place in a medium size bowl.
- Add the next 8 ingredients and mix well, scooping in a fold-over motion to avoid damaging the tomato. Chill in the fridge covered with plastic wrap for at least an hour, stirring occasionally to blend the flavours.
- Brush on the last olive oil with a light coat on each baguette. Place in the oven on broil at 400 F. until a light golden brown.
- Remove and rub one side of each baguette with the cut side of the garlic clove. Spoon on bruschetta mixture to each baguette and sprinkle with feta cheese prior to serving.