Mango Chutney Lamb Chops
Being a sheep farmer, I was most excited about creating an Asian-inspired lamb dish. I come across many who seem to have a distaste for lamb but from experience, how lamb is cooked and flavoured makes all the difference. I enjoyed creating roasted lamb chops with a savory mango chutney and added crunch from the crushed nachos in one tender bite.
- 1 rack of lamb
- 100 ml Plum Sauce
- 2 tbsp Peanut Satay Sauce
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp tsp Lemon & Herbs spice
- Crushed nacho chips
- 1 mango
- ½ red pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Plum Sauce
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp butter
- Sliced carrots and butter lettuce for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven 400 F.
- Mix together plum sauce and peanut satay sauce together and brush over both sides of the rack of lamb.
- Mix oregano, thyme, salt and lemon and herb spice in a small bowl and sprinkle onto both sides of lamb and place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast on the middle oven rack for 30 minutes or desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and let stand under foil for 5 minutes before slicing between each rib.
- While lamb is cooking, cook the rice as instructed on package.
- While rice and lamb are cooking, dice mango and red pepper and place into small bowl. Add plum sauce, parsley flakes and salt and stir.
- Plate a portion of rice with 2-3 lamb chops, one tablespoon of mango salsa and sprinkle crushed nacho chips over the top before serving.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Thai Kitchen Canada. All recipe creation and opinions are my own.