Seared Cornish Hen in Coconut Thai Gravy
Just the other day we were sitting watching the Prairie Chickens on the farm and I remembered back to a fun night out at a medieval themed meal where we feasted on a perfectly roasted and juicy Quail with nothing but our bare hands. I decided to should share a favourite dish of mine with a fire lit under it, a Seared Cornish Hen on a bed of noodles with a side of potatoes and smothered in a spicy sweet coconut Thai gravy.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 Cornish Hen
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 100 ml Spicy Thai Mango Sauce
- 1½ tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 8 baby potatoes
- 1 package Stir-fry Rice Noodles
- 1 tsp Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- Rub red curry paste all over the hen.
- Heat large frying pan on high adding butter and sear hen flipping to every side for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, returning hen to breast side up position.
- Add coconut milk, spicy Thai mango sauce, fish sauce, arrange potatoes around the hen and simmer with the lid on pan for 45 minutes.
- minutes prior to hen simmer completion, cook Thai Kitchen Stir-fry Noodles as to the directions on the box.
- Remove from heat, placing hen, potatoes on a platter and bring the remaining frying pan drippings to a boil. Stir 1 tsp of rice flour mixed with 2 tbsp of water into the boiling drippings to thicken into a gravy.
- Plate slices of cooked Cornish Hen over a bed of noodles, pour gravy over top and cracked pepper over entree.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Thai Kitchen Canada. All recipe creation and opinions are my own.