Seafood Medley Chowder
In the depths of winter I have a yearning for hearty homemade soups and chowders. There’s something about curling up on the couch by the fire with a hot bowl of New England Chowder that makes me feel all warm and cozy, just like a big hug. On this cold day, I’m sharing an Asian-inspired Seafood Medley Chowder to warm your taste buds and your belly’s.
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup corn niblets
- 400 ml can of Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Peanut Satay Sauce
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1½ tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ cup crab meat
- ¼ cup shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 1 filet of cod
- ½ package of Thin Rice Noodles
- In a large pot fry onion in butter on medium-high until transparent, approximately 8 minutes.
- Add water, corn and parsley, bringing to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Add crab, shrimp and cod and continue to boil for approximately 10 more minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Add coconut milk, salt and pepper, return to a rolling boil and remove from heat.
- Add in rice noodles, cover for 5 minutes and serve hot.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Thai Kitchen Canada. All recipe creation and opinions are my own.