Seafood Medley Chowder
In the depths of winter I have a yearning for hearty homemade soups and chowders. There’s something about curling up on the couch by the fire with a hot bowl of New England Chowder that makes me feel all warm and cozy, just like a big hug. On this cold day, I’m sharing an Asian-inspired Seafood Medley Chowder to warm your taste buds and your belly’s.
If you like this recipe, I’d love if you’d pin it on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup corn niblets
- 400 ml can of Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Peanut Satay Sauce
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1½ tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ cup crab meat
- ¼ cup shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- 1 filet of cod
- ½ package of Thin Rice Noodles
- In a large pot fry onion in butter on medium-high until transparent, approximately 8 minutes.
- Add water, corn and parsley, bringing to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Add crab, shrimp and cod and continue to boil for approximately 10 more minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Add coconut milk, salt and pepper, return to a rolling boil and remove from heat.
- Add in rice noodles, cover for 5 minutes and serve hot.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Thai Kitchen Canada. All recipe creation and opinions are my own.
Love seafood, but always make the same usual recipes. Excited to try this one and break from the routine!
This sounds amazing! I love anything and everything seafood.
This looks so good. My fave so far. Looking forward to what is next. Yum!