Sweet Tater Pad Thai Bites
All to often you end up at an event with appetizers that are full of flavour but not lacking on the calories and for those looking to keep a health focus, it can be tough with temptation. For those wanting a healthier Thai appetizer try this vegetarian burst of flavour, Sweet Tater Pad Thai Bites.
These Sweet Tater Pad Thai Bites can be served warm or cold as a healthier alternative to our guests not short of flavour.
If you like this recipe, I’d love if you’d pin it on Pinterest or follow along for other great recipes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 small baby Bok Choy, chopped
- 1 mango, diced
- 400 ml Lite Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Pad Thai Sauce
- Green Curry Paste
- Gouda, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Remove skin and cut sweet potato into ¼" thick wedges and place onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Cook on 425 F. 15 minutes on each side. Set aside to cool.
- While potato wedges are cooking saute the onion in butter in a large frying pan for approximately 8 minutes or until transparent.
- Add coconut milk, Bok Choy, mango and Pad Thai Sauce and simmer for 12 minutes, setting aside to cool.
- Spread a small layer of Green Curry Paste onto each baked potato wedge and top with satay mixture. Place a slice of Gouda cheese on top of each wedge and return to the oven to melt the cheese.
- Serve warm or cold.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Thai Kitchen Canada. All recipe creation and opinions are my own.
Another creative and delicious recipe! These look tasty.