Thai Chili Meatballs
Having a large family we eat a lot of snacks. Rather than allow my kids to fill up on less than healthy options, I like to offer more substantial snacks that are sure to satisfy their growing appetites. I’m sharing one of my all-time favourite snacks, Sweet Thai Chili Meatballs. Now it’s confession time, these were very hard to stop eating.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 can (16 oz) cranberry jelly
- 200 ml Sweet Red Chili Sauce
- 1 package Mandarin Orange Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- ⅓ cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 tbsp dried onions
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium sauce pan combine cranberry jelly, sweet red chili sauce, ½ mandarin orange sauce and bring to boil. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cornflakes, ½ mandarin orange sauce, parsley, dried onions, salt, pepper and beef and mix well. Shape meat mixture into 1 " balls and place in a 9" X 13" baking pan.
- Pour sauce over the meatballs and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Freezes well. Heat and serve as a snack or appetizer.