Crockpot Lime Chicken Chili
We’ve been lucky this winter; we haven’t seen a lot of snow, not like last year anyway, but the cold is another story. Most of the winter has been bitter cold, and by bitter I mean -30 degrees Celsius. I’m more than ready for spring. Unfortunately we just experienced a few days of blizzards and are back in the middle of a full on winter; the joys. Today I felt like a cozy hug of comfort food and this Crockpot Lime Chicken Chili lit the fire.
I normally make chili with beef but I wanted something different. This Crockpot Lime Chicken Chili was easy and had the right amount of spice; Hubby and the kids loved the new chili makeover.
Do you add anything special to your chili?
Check out these other wonderful Chilli recipes: Presidential Chilli, No Bean Hawaiian Chili, White Chicken Chili, Classic Chili Con Carne, Crockpot Chili, Jalapeno Popper Chili and Spicy Chicken Chili.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 16-oz can black beans
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups of frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine beans, tomatos, corn, onion, garlic, green pepper, corn, tomato sauce, lime juice, chili powder and cilantro in a crockpot.
- Arrange whole chicken breasts on top of chili mixture and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Before serving, shred chicken with a fork and knife and stir in.
- Serve warm with a spoon of sour cream and topped with cheddar cheese (optional).