Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
I could eat pasta every day of the week and if I didn’t have to worry about a waist-line, I would. As it is we likely eat pasta too often but it’s one meal I can be sure my kids will eat every last morsel. This Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is the most requested pasta meal in our house; even Hubs who isn’t much of a pasta fan gobbles this up.
The biggest draw to this recipe is that it’s fast and easy. With kids on the go throughout the week, I can make this up in less than 30 minutes and everyone has a belly full of energy, especially in preparation for high energy sports. If you want to cook this up for comfort food like me, that works too. Smirk.
Normally I would have more tasty pictures for you but I have hungry kids hovering over me hurrying my photography session along so you’ll just have to trust me on this one. Make this when you’re short on time and let me know what you think.
- 250g uncooked fettuccine (about half a package)
- 8 oz/250 grams boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (approx. 3 chicken breast)
- ¼ chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups half-and-half cream (low fat for a lighter version)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine noodles as directed on package.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until translucent. Add chicken and continue cooking until it is no longer pink.
- Add minced garlic, salt and pepper; cook a couple minutes longer. Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually add the cream and Parmesan cheese, bringing to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Drain fettuccine noodles and add into chicken mixture, stir until blended.
- Optional: Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over each served meal.