Chocolate Jam Pecan Bars
I talk about how much I am ready for winter to be over a lot but you can’t blame me when I’m stuck at home again because of another blizzard. On cold days I tend to cook; lucky for my family. Today I strapped on my apron to whip up a batch of one of my cozy desserts. Immediately I thought of a crumble dessert but wanted a pecan twist this week because I love me some pecans, Candied Pecans are to die for, but today I went with more of a coffee and tea dessert with these Chocolate Jam Pecan Bars.
National Pecan day is coming up March 25th and April 14th; I’m not sure why exactly there are two dates BUT even more reason to get your pecan bake on. What are your favourite pecan desserts?
Curiosity always gets the best of me; do you say Pee-CAN or Pee-CAWN?
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp butter
- ½ cup raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chip
- Crust: Combine flour and granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives(cross-slicing blend) until it resembles a crumble.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a greased 9" square baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Topping: Combine flour, chopped pecans and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives (cross-slicing blend) until a crumble texture.
- Spread Jam over hot crust and sprinkle with crumble topping and semi-sweet chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before slicing into bars and serving.
For more pecan recipes, check out these recipes for Pecan Coffee Cake Muffins, Maple Pecan Porridge, Pecan Chocolate Banana Bites, Chocolate Pecan Tarts, Easy Butter Tarts, Chocolate Pecan Turtle and Pecan Haystacks.