Weekdays run in hyper-drive around our house; we’re busy with school activities or various other things and like many other families I look for healthy meals under thirty minutes to keep my family away from the draw of fast food. Fried rice is one of my favourite under thirty minute dishes to make because I can change up the ingredients to make it a side dish to my main entrée or make it a meal of it’s own.
This weekend I was craving a little heated cuisine and decided on a Mexican Fried Rice. The colours of the dish remind me of summer days with freshly picked ingredients from the farm garden. My garden isn’t flourishing yet but soon we will be picking ingredients in the freshest of farm to plate act. Adding Gourmet Nanny Hudson’s Homestyle Ketchup was the perfect addition to this recipe, combining nicely with the spices and lime for an Mexicana Fiesta explosion.
What are your favourite ways to enjoy a gourmet ketchup, in a recipe or as a condiment?
Gourmet Nanny Hudson’s Homestyle Ketchup
Shortly after I received my jars of Gourmet Nanny Hudson’s Homestyle Ketchup, I had half a jar gone in one sitting with nobody to blame but myself. This isn’t just any ketchup. Once you try this, your adult taste buds will be singing.
I don’t really care for regular ketchup on it’s own but this gourmet ketchup is more of a chunky consistency with only the freshest tomatoes and seeds, a burst of flavour in every bite. I’ve tried this ketchup on it’s own with tortilla chips, on top of my egg and cheese English muffins or hamburgers and in several recipes, each time finding an even greater love for this homestyle ketchup. It’s sweet and tangy grown up flavour hits the mark with every member of my family and I know you’ll love it too.
Nanny Hudson’s Homestyle Ketchup has been a well-loved condiment at the kitchen table of generations of our family. The fresh tangy taste of our Homestyle Ketchup is so versatile, it can be used as an ingredient in recipes to enhance the taste of meat dishes like meatloaf or as a condiment for those well-loved comfort foods like eggs, grilled cheese, stews and casseroles.
For more information or to find our where t purchase this delicious gourmet ketchup, go the the Nanny Hudson website.
This recipe makes 4-6 servings, depending on if it’s served as a side dish or an entrée.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into small chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into thin strips 1" long
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 375 ml jar of Gourmet Nanny Hudson's Homestyle Ketchup
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- ½ tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, sliced in half
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese, topping
- Cook 1 cup of rice as per package and set aside.
- In a large frying pan on medium-high heat, melt butter and add and onions and carrots; cook until onions are golden and translucent. Approximately 5 mins.
- Add in remaining vegetables and rice; stir to mix.
- Add in one jar of Gourmet Nanny Hudson's Homestyle Ketchup, juice of 1 lime, pepper, cilantro and red pepper flakes; mix thoroughly.
- Continue cook for another 10 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with grated cheddar cheese.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Burnbrae Farms Gourmet Nanny Hudson’s Homestyle Ketchup. All opinions are 100% my own.