Campfire Apple S’more Nachos
We’re just got back from a weekend of camping and there was no shortage of grilling goodies over the fire. The flavour over a smokey fire is a memory of it’s own for the kids to take into their adulthood but it’s not just about flavour, it’s about the campfire experience.
I love all our memories but I could do without the sticky fingers from being the designated s’more assembler; why is it always the mom that has to make them for everyone anyway? This year I decided there was a way to make non-sticky s’mores, even a healthier version, Campfire Apple S’more Nachos.
I’m trying to eat healthier myself and s’mores are not the healthiest treat out there so for those wanting to lose the added calories, skip the marshmallows and chocolate chips and simply grill apple slices sprinkled with lemon juice and cinnamon. These are healthy, with added benefits from the lemon and cinnamon, and will satisfy that sweet tooth.
Are you camping or glamping this year?
- 3 large apples
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Wash, core and slice apples into circular slices and place layered onto a foil grilling pan or in a foil packet.
- Sprinkle apple slices with lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Cover apples with marshmallows and chocolate chips before placing on the grill (low heat) for 10 minutes.
- Remove, let cool and enjoy!
For other tasty grilling recipes try these:
- Grilled Corn Avocado Salsa
- Sweet Heat Chicken Burgers
- Spicy Hawaiian Skewers
- Ginger-Lime Grilled Chicken
- Beer Marinated Grilled Steak with a Cilantro-Lime Compound Butter
- Grilled Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 Ingredient Grilled Pork Chops
Pingback: Be Awesome Link Party Week 6 | Sew Creative BlogSew Creative Blog
Pingback: Top 50 S'mores Recipes - I Heart Nap Time
Pingback: AppleNachoswtklong (Apple Smore Nachos over the campfire) - Food Recipes For Dinner