Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream
I love blueberries. Last year we planted a blueberry bush on our farm, hoping we’d have fresh blueberries for the picking this year, but it didn’t make it through the winter. We will be replanting next year; for now we will enjoy our blueberries from the fresh produce section at our local grocer. This last week we have been experienced a hot stretch, finally, and an ice cold treat was appreciated, Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream from scratch.
Have you ever made your own ice cream? It’s quite easy to make with the freshest ingredients. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still make your own ice cream.
- 2 cup fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Puree blueberries in blender.
- Add pureed blueberries and sugar in medium saucepan, stir on low-medium until sugar dissolves.
- Remove and refrigerate covered until cold.
- Add vanilla, salt, half and half and cream; mix well.
- Pour into ice cream maker and churn.
- Place in freezer to set ice cream. Lasts up to 1 week. for freshest taste.
For more blueberry recipes, try these:
- Blueberry & Quinoa Salad with Flax Lemon Vinaigrette
- Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes
- Blueberry Cheese Tarts
- Homemade Blueberry Mint Tea
- Homemade Blueberry Tarts
- Blueberry Turnovers
- Blueberry Passionfruit Margaritas
Pingback: Blueberry Passionfruit Margaritas - Family Food And Travel
This ice cream looks amazing. Love the beautiful bowls you served it in.
I have an ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer! Blueberries are in abundance right now so this is perfect.
So handy; especially in the summer!
Pingback: Blueberry Pie - A Pretty Life In The Suburbs
Pingback: Homemade Blueberry Tarts - My 3 Little Kittens
This looks so good. We made fresh cherry milkshakes the other day and I was thinking blueberry would be good too. Homemade ice cream is so much healthier than what they put in store bought. Definitely need to get an ice cream maker of my own.
Pingback: Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes - My Organized Chaos
Pingback: Blueberry Cheese Tarts - Simply Stacie