Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream
I love blueberries. Last year we planted a blueberry bush on our farm, hoping we’d have fresh blueberries for the picking this year, but it didn’t make it through the winter. We will be replanting next year; for now we will enjoy our blueberries from the fresh produce section at our local grocer. This last week we have been experienced a hot stretch, finally, and an ice cold treat was appreciated, Homemade Blueberry Ice Cream from scratch.
Have you ever made your own ice cream? It’s quite easy to make with the freshest ingredients. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still make your own ice cream.
- 2 cup fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Puree blueberries in blender.
- Add pureed blueberries and sugar in medium saucepan, stir on low-medium until sugar dissolves.
- Remove and refrigerate covered until cold.
- Add vanilla, salt, half and half and cream; mix well.
- Pour into ice cream maker and churn.
- Place in freezer to set ice cream. Lasts up to 1 week. for freshest taste.
For more blueberry recipes, try these:
- Blueberry & Quinoa Salad with Flax Lemon Vinaigrette
- Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes
- Blueberry Cheese Tarts
- Homemade Blueberry Mint Tea
- Homemade Blueberry Tarts
- Blueberry Turnovers
- Blueberry Passionfruit Margaritas