Rainbows and #DohVinci Art Party Giveaway
All school year long I look forward to the summer months where the kids and I can enjoy each others company and relax the days away. Reality is much different, teen spats and daily statements of “I’m bored” until the sunshine comes out again and a glimmer of a rainbow appears. Planned activities are always a great way to keep the kids entertained and minds working throughout the summer. When a DohVinci rainbow of art supplies dropped into our lives I was praising the skies; naturally a party was in order.
Every rainbow art party needs a few friends, a lot of rainbow coloured food and an endless supply of craft supplies; DohVinci had us covered. I was impressed with the selection of bright DohVinci colours and various projects that could be purchases for afternoons of creativity and fun in 3D.
We originally had all tween and teen ages invited to join us however not all could make it once the date of our DohVinci Rainbow party came nearer. We had no problems filling the artist positions. Thinking back to my days in the 80’s full of neon, I remember the giddy feeling I had from the colours. I could tell watching the kids eyes widen as they gazed upon the bright colours of DohVinci, the same giddy feeling was there.
Although DohVinci is intended for ages 6 years and up, our 4 year old had no intention of being left out. Baby Girl needed some supervision and help but she had so much fun creating a mason jar for her grandma who obviously took it home proudly for display. Snicker.
The tweens and teens were slightly more competitive with their creations; each had taken some time to think about how they wanted to express themselves and within minutes of being seated, got to work. I noticed a big difference between the ages; interestingly the younger kids spent most of their time creating their DohVinci masterpieces while the older kids were busy creating while stuffing food into their mouths. The younger ones had to use all of the deco pop shapes where the older ones stuck to a few, dependent on their design.
It was fun to watch the large age range work on the same project and end up with very different results but despite that, one thing was obvious, they all absolutely loved the DohVinci. I have never heard these kids so quiet; they sat busily creating for over an hour without arguing or complaining and that is practically unheard of.
- Choose a design. Squeakers searched the internet for a ZenTangle design that she liked and with a few small changes, used it as inspiration for her blooming flower design.
- Gather your deco pops. Squeakers used the flower deco pop and the styler without any deco pops to create this design freehand by eyeballing her printed ZenTangle design as a guide.
- Choose colours. Squeakers used all the colours in this design; the teal matches the colours in her room already so the others were the perfect accent.
- Choose a design. Unlike squeakers tendancy to plan, Miss Priss went with the flow with this design.
- Gather your deco pops. Miss Priss decided to try out all the deco pops, including just the styler to create a parttern in her design. The lines and dots were created by the styler on it’s own, without any deco pops attached.
- Choose colours. Miss Priss used all the colours in this design; the lime green matches the colours in her room to make the perfect accent on her bedroom trinket shelf.
DohVinci is easy and what I liked was that it was easy clean up too. It’s clear that this party of girls loved DohVinci but we had one boy who came along for the ride and happily took a spot at the table. DohVinci would be the perfect gift or if you are planning a party; DohVinci will keep those kids entertained with self expression in 3D.
WIN a DohVinci Prize Pack
Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with Hasbro and I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.