With St. Patricks Day coming up I try to have green themed food. Most green themed food I find is full of sugar and food colouring so I wanted to share a healthier version of green food. Family gatherings call for family favourite recipes like this Broccoli Salad with Bacon.
This salad is almost always included at every large family gathering; it does not disappoint. If you’re looking for a healthy green recipe, family dinner or a potluck, consider making this Broccoli salad full of nutritious ingredients.
- 2 cups broccoli, florets cut into small pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup, celery chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp raw honey or 1½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup real bacon bits
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until mixed well.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving; serve chilled.