Campfire Recipes: Egg & Nutella S’mores
This weekend marks the first camping weekend where Parks Canada opens up and campers alike swarm to get their tents up and campfires stoked for memories to be made. My family loves to go camping; there hasn’t been a summer in many years where we haven’t found our way to a provincial park to enjoy all the excitement of the outdoors. There is nothing better than cooking eggs over a campfire in the morning engulfed in wildlife and because we love s’mores so much, these Campfire Egg & Nutella S’mores are the perfect addition to our next camping trip.
S’mores for breakfast? These aren’t your typical s’mores; these are a healthier version but equally as delicious. Just look at those brightly coloured orange yolks wrapped in Nutella. The flavour boost doesn’t stop there; these breakfast s’mores are made with onions and apples for a tart and sweet combination you’ll be pleasantly surprised to bite into.
Breakfast s’mores are easy to make at home or right at the campsite. I’ve been camping, both in a tent and in a camper, and I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but it has to be easy to make and easy to clean up. With a few ingredients, a brownie pan and a campfire, you can make breakfast for a group all-in-one.
What are you must have camping ingredients?
- 2 medium apples, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 24 graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or if cooking over a campfire, stoke the fire to be a medium heat without large flames.
- In a non-stick 12 serving brownie pan place a graham cracker in each hole, layering with chopped onion, sliced apple wedges, 1 egg, 1 tsp of Nutella per hole and top with another graham cracker. You may want to spray with cooking oil prior to ingredients.
- Cover with tinfoil and place into the oven (or over the campfire) for 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through.
- Using a fork, lift out each s'more and serve warm.
- Serves 6-12 at 1-2 s'mores per person.
Serves 12 breakfast s'mores or at 2/person, 6
If you liked this camping recipe, check out my Campfire French Toast recipe from last year for another crowd pleaser.
To see more of my egg recipes make sure you are following This Lil Piglet on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
We would love to get back into camping! Perhaps your egg and nutella recipe will inspire us to do so!! On our list is wieners, canned corn, marshmallows, eggs and bacon (for starters) 🙂
These smores looks super interesting and tasty! We’ll have to give them a try!
Definitely a different take on Smores but I am sure they would be tasty! Will have to try them out at some point this summer!
If I show my boys the photo of the egg and Nutella breakfast treat, they will ask me to make it for them! 🙂