Our family eats a lot of granola. It wasn’t until recently when a friend of mine helped me make granola in my kitchen that I realized how easy it really was. I love that I can add only the best ingredients to my granola and avoid all the added sugars that come in boxed products, like our favourite Homemade Granola with Raw Honey made with honey from our bees.
It’s true, we’re beekeepers so we have access to fresh raw honey whenever we like but for those of you who don’t, I highly recommend seeking out a local beekeeper for your raw honey needs. Raw honey has many health benefits and is the best way to replace refined sugars in your recipes. Pair this granola with a tasty yogurt and fresh berries for a healthy and delicious breakfast or snack.
What are you favourite ways to eat granola?
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup raw honey
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take ½ cup pumpkin seeds and pulsate in a food processor until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl pour the finely chopped seeds, raw honey, sunflower seed butter, vanilla and salt, mixing well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to evenly coat.
- Pour the mixture onto a parchment paper lined large baking pan and spread evenly.
- Bake on 350 for 5 minutes, removing to stir the mixture around to avoid burning. Return the mix to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, spread cooked granola in a thin layer onto a large piece of wax paper. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, break into clusters and store in an airtight container.